Wednesday, September 3, 2014

DIY Fall Chalkboard Plaque


I can't believe it's already September. We've had some cooler nights here in Hotlanta, and I even saw some red tipped trees!! Although I have yet to have some PSL, I'm in the mood to start decorating for fall. This year I decided to add a piece that I can change to fit my mood. This fall chalkboard plaque perfectly brings the outdoors inside and allows me to change it all season long!!


  • Wood round
  • Chalkboard paint
  • Paint brush
  • Chalk
  • Picture stand




Following the paint instructions (some paints may need primer, or mixing. Rust-oleum did not), paint the wood. I painted right up to the edge of the dark circle on the wood to give the plaque a nice boarder. Allow the paint to dry. My plaque was dry within one hour, probably less, but I was extra cautious.

Decorate as you please! The possibility are endless.

Here's some ideas to help inspire you. For a crisper look you may want to try a chalk paint.






I'm not the most artistic person around (Just look at my Turkey in the second picture), but I was able to make some basic art that really personalizes my home! 



Like this idea? Pin it!!










http://www.clairejustineoxox.com/2014/09/creative-mondays-and-this-weeks_14.html

Dear Creatives
The above post(s) may contain affiliated links, product placements, etc. This is how I can afford to buy the supplies to bring you new activites. Thanks for your support!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...